German speaking HR Officer
International company leader in its sector
Varied job with an international scope
About Our Client
Our client is an international company located in Zaventem.
- Execute strategy for HR management and development: ensure company rules are being applied and respected
- General HR Administration: draft employment contracts, work permit requests, addendums, vacation requests, special leave, keep employee data up to date..etc
- Monthly payroll - Prepare and verify payroll, advise management on payroll issues, answer employee payroll enquiries. Handle insurances (group and health) and meal vouchers.
- HR policies: draft, implement, advise management. Recommend procedural changes in order to improve HR policies and procedures. Update organization chart based on internal changes.
- Recruitment: pre-selection, contact with employment agencies, conduct interviews, advise management on selection procedures and candidates.
- Constantly keep with and communicate changes in social legislation, research about social matters in UK , Belgium and Germany. Advise management on social legislation.
- Act as a point of contact for employees and management in all matters relating to HR ( social legislation, training..etc).
- Discuss and negotiate with the Worker's Council in Germany and report to management
- Fleet management: handle all aspects of company cars (offers, orders, follow-up, returns) and ensure that budgets are being respected as per employee level.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Assist in the preparation internal audits.
The Successful Applicant
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
* You have at least 3 years of experience in social legislation and HR processes such as compensation and benefits administration preferably in an international environment. Experience in dealing with expatriates.
* You are able to deal with all levels of company management and have knowledge of how to deal with Worker's Council's, particularly in Germany.
* You are fluent in English and German. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
* You have excellent communication/negotiation skills.
* You have excellent presentation skills, including the ability to respond effectively to questions from groups of employees and managers alike.
* You have a strong HR generalist background, with demonstrated experience in C&B administration, administration of policies and procedures.
* You are flexible in adapting to a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
* Regular travel to Germany is required.
What's on Offer
- Salary based on experience
- Company car and fuel card in Europe
- Lunch vouchers
- Group and Hospitalization insurance
- Mobile phone and laptop